Bar-sur-Aube is a French town and the capital of the Arrondissement Bar-sur-Aube. The town belongs to the Departement Aube (named after the river Aube) and the Champagne-Ardenne Region.
Official documents mention Templar possessions in Bar-sur-Aube back in the 13th century.
In 1288, the Order sold the old Templar Commandery to the Order of St. John. Parts of its chapel are still to be seen in the center of town as part of a residential house. According to
the names of streets and squares, it is likely that the Templars owned more property in the south east of the town.